Let’s face it music plays an important part in our daily lives. Music takes away the stress, keeps the party alive, calm our thoughts and it also plays a vital role in science. It is obvious that the music we are playing can only be as good as the device we are using. Playing a movie or listening to your favorite beat through your built-in laptop speakers needs consistent focus even though you only sit two feet away. Well, we all don’t have a big budget for the most expensive earth shattering loudspeakers. Here’s my guide for finding the best Budget Desktop speakers to go with your computer or laptop.
Should you get a Stereo, 2.1 or a Surround Sound and what’s the Difference?
A good place to start is to understand the difference in these types of sound speakers. Stereo speakers can be classed as the cheapest of them all and consist only of a left and right speaker. A 2.1 sound system consists of two speakers and a subwoofer while a surround sound consists of mainly 5 or more satellite speakers and a subwoofer.
The function of the subwoofer is to give that deep bass, a sound that is very distinctive when playing music like Hip Hop or R n b. These deep bass sounds can also be heard while playing war games especially when bombs are being dropped.
Most people prefer stereo speakers especially for office related tasks while gamers tend to lean towards 2.1 sound systems. Most surround sound systems get picked up by movie and music fanatics. Some newer types of sound systems that recently surface the market will include Levitating capabilities, Portable Mini Capsule Speaker Systems, and Anker’s Sound Bar.
Extra Features and Do They Matter?
When it comes to desktop computer speakers you might want to think about extra features like bass and treble controls so you can adjust these settings to your specific taste. Are there extra inputs like an Aux to plug your iPod or Mp3 player in? How about a remote control to operate the sound system from a distance? Should you go for a set of computer speaker with a common 3.5 mm. jack or should it be wireless or even a set with a USB input. Some speaker sets also come with software so can get the most out of your listening experience.
In What Environment Will, You Be Using It?
In general, a decent pair of stereo speakers would be an excellent choice for office use especially when just listening to podcasts or watching some YouTube videos. If you’re planning to use it mainly for movies and music at home then you would probably go for a good looking 2.1 sound system or even a stylish looking surround sound for those extra features like bass and tremble.
Are You a Musician? Then You Need Studio Monitor Speakers.
Musicians need a pair of professional Studio Monitor Speakers like this Mackie CR5BT for recordings. A pair of studio monitor speaker that will show cast you best work through other people’s equipment. Although you will have to pay a higher price for a pair of studio monitor speakers you can be sure that these Best Budget Desktop Speakers will be real value for your money especially if you are a musician.
Best Budget Desktop Speakers Reviewed for You
Logitech Multimedia Speakers
• Delivers rich stereo sound through a pair of desktop speakers
• A powerful 10 watt sound output with a bit of bass
• Can be used simultaneously with your Smartphone or Mp3 player
• Volume controls in the front for ease of use
• Headphone jack in front for private music or movie streaming
Genius 3-Way Hi-Fi Wood Speakers for Pc
• Made from Ultra-rigid MDF board
• Total of 20 Watts sound output
• Adjustable volume controls
• Two-inch woofer for extra bass
• Can be used for Tablets, Mp3 players, and Pc
JBL Professional Studio Monitor
• Room Density friendly speakers
• Delivers natural sound even in a large working space
• Drivers that deliver impressive deep bass and smooth high frequency
• Solid bass without any distortion
Cyber Acoustics Speakers with Subwoofer
• Three piece speaker system
• 2 Satellite speakers and subwoofer
• Magnetically shielded satellite speakers
• Smooth wooden subwoofer
• Desktop control pod that controls volume and bass
• Built-in headphone jack and auxiliary input in the desktop control pod
Logitech Surround Sound Speakers
• 6 Piece speaker system (5 satellite speakers and subwoofer)
• Rich 3D stereo in 5.1 surround sound
• Multimedia inputs for DVD, PC, and gaming console
• Down-firing bass subwoofer
• 75 Watts of pure balanced power
• Easy plug and play setup
Essential Computer Speaker Accessories – What’s The Best Alternatives?
Even though this is seen as something minor in your speaker setup, this is actually one of the most important parts that connect your stereo, multimedia or studio speakers to your computer. Unfortunately, wear and tear of audio cables is inevitable and will eventually start to show signs of cracks and loose ends.
This can be caused due to dogs or cats chewing through the cables or even the extensive connecting and disconnecting of these cables over a certain period of time. Read about a more in-depth report about Audio Cables here. Having sound problems? Then you can read my guide on sound problems here.
This brings me to the end of this Best Budget Desktop Speakers. I hope you found this article helpful and don’t forget to check out the above-mentioned computer speakers. Please share this article with someone you know who might also find it helpful.