Maintaining a good healthy vision begin with knowing what our eyes are telling us about their health condition. Facts about good eye health you should know:
Burning, Blurry or Itching Eyes while staring at the monitor
- This is one of the most common symptoms of eye strain. These symptoms are called Computer Vision Syndrome. This is caused due to poor contrast on a monitor or Smartphone.
Treatment for Good Eye Health:
- Install a High-Quality Screen Protector for monitor or Smartphone
- Take frequent breaks – take a 20 minute break looking at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds
- Lubricate your eyes with eye drops
- Do some eye exercise
- This is caused by an overactive thyroid (Hyperthyroidism) which is situated in the front of the neck. Hyperthyroidism is when your Thyroids release too many hormones in a short period and concentrated or long period.
- Wear of Eye Glasses
- Eye Drops
- Surgical procedures repairing damaged veins and arteries
- Disappearing Eyebrows whether it is visible on one eyebrow or both this a typical sign of a under-active thyroid, known as Hyperthyroidism
- Take vitamin supplements containing high levels of protein and Vitamin A and E on a daily basis. This encourage hair grow that includes loss of hair from the eyebrows. Eyebrow restoration can also be done through surgery but should only be advised through a Certified Doctor.
Yellowing of the Eyes
- The yellowing of the eyes can be caused due to some dysfunction of the gallbladder, liver, pancreas or multiple organs.
- Minimize alcohol intake could lead to good eye health
- Eat food that contains more iron, like chicken, liver, beef and green vegetables
- Visit your doctor to determine the cause of the yellow in your eyes
- Antiviral medication prescribed by your doctor can help with a treatable form of hepatitis.
- A stubborn sty is a red lump and most of the times very painful. It grows near the edge of your eyelid and looks like a small pimple. Many factors contribute to the forming of this stubborn sty such as inflammation, poor hygiene and allergies.
- Depending on how serious the condition is you should be able to treat this stubborn sty at home. Soak a clean cloth in hot water and put it on your eye for about 10 minutes. This should be done at least 4 times per day. This will unblock the gland. Don’t use eye makeup until the sty is completely gone. Another home remedy that should help is by rubbing a gold ring on the sty. Castor oil can also be used by applying it to the sty. Castor oil serves as an anti-inflammatory agent. The oil removes pain and reduces inflammation. If most remedies don’t work than you should consult your doctor and surgery might be needed to remove the blockage.
Diabetes and Blurry Vision
- Blurry vision can also be caused due to high or low levels of blood sugar in Diabetes. These high levels of blood sugar cause the lens inside the eye to swell which can result in temporary blurring of vision.
- It is advice to consult your doctor to check if these visions are not due to Diabetes.
It is always wise to get your eyes checked by your doctor before taking any home remedies that may cause further damage. Practicing good eye health could lead to a prosperous healthy vision.